This entire week we have been talking about cholesterol and statin drugs and the myth of saturated fat. And why the MDs got it wrong. More importantly, why nobody gives a gosh darn, and why ridiculous information like this can be continually doled out inside of the context of science. It’s science but it’s bad science in the sense that it’s not humanistic science. It’s not for your benefit. It’s tweaked science. It’s fuzzy science meant to benefit the pharmaceutical industry in this case, to the tune of $20-$29 billion a year in the sale of cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.
Today five reasons why butter is awesome!
1. Vitamins A, E and K2. I'm not going to make a big deal out of vitamins A and E. If you’re eating a healthy diet that includes animals and plants you’re probably getting enough of these already. But we do need to talk about vitamin K2. can have powerful effects on health. It’s intimately involved in calcium metabolism and a low intake has been associated with many serious diseases including heart disease, cancer and Osteoporosis.
2. Butter contains a lot of healthy saturated fats spoken about many times here. The war in saturated fats is based on bad science. Time magazine last summer devoted a big issue on butter and why we were led down the wrong path by Dr. Keys (who was voted the Times man of the year right after World War II). Recent studies suggest that there is no association at all, zero association between saturated fat and cardio vascular disease. Who has told you that saturated fat is the antichrist? Who has told you that saturated fat must be avoided all the times? Who encouraged you to stop eating butter and start eating Crisco and margarine? The American Heart Association! And since we’ve been following their advice heart disease has only gotten worse in the last 30 years. The statistics have remained unchanged.
3. Butter lowers heart attack risk compared to margarine. Is that a good thing to do... to lower heart attack risk?! I think YES it’s a good thing to do. So if you want to have a healthy heart eat butter, eliminate oil, margarine, Crisco. Eat butter for goodness sakes. Naturopathic doctors have been trumpeting this message for decades, nay, centuries, but people don’t listen. People listen to Dr. Oz, people listen to the men and the women in the white coat surrounded by multimillion dollar high-tech stuff and we think that their word is gospel. Their word is the opposite of gospel, whatever that is.
4. Good source of the fatty acid butyrate. The 4-carbon fatty acid butyrate is created by bacteria in the colon when they’re exposed to dietary fiber. There’s another good source of butyrate, butter 3 to 4%. Butyrate supplementation prevents weight gain. It also improves the function of mitochondria and lowers fasting, triglycerides and insulin. But, let’s not eat this stuff. Let’s follow the advice of the MDs because they’ve got a drug to fix heart disease that they created by advising you to eat Crisco instead of butter and I’m the quack.
5. Butter, especially grass fed, is a great source of the fatty acid conjugated linoleic acid. Linoleic acid has been shown to have anticancer properties as well as lowering body fat percentage in humans. That's a good thing to lower!
There are many more reasons why butter is good for you. But MDs will tell you that these foods are good to eat. They’re wrong and 30 years later when their proven wrong, after hundreds of thousands of people have suffered and died, nobody’s hands are slapped and we continue to believe the nonsense that they spew. I’m choosing my words correctly.
Heart disease in large part accelerated after the American Heart Association was founded and given a sweetheart deal by Proctor and Gamble (nearly $2 million back in the day) to tell American house wives that saturated fats and butter were bad and Crisco was God’s greatest invention.
But nonetheless, the ship of culture changes slowly. The discoverer of quantum physics said this.
Which means that ridiculous notions like 'saturated fat is bad' and 'Crisco is good', that allopathic medicine is the only real medicine and every other type of medicine is quackery, take generations to fade into obscurity. Ladies and gentlemen, you can suffer and die in the meantime or you can fire your medical doctor now and educate yourself about the simple steps you can take towards health recovery with therapeutics designed and developed by licensed and regulated physicians. Become a Dr. Glidden Advocate. Educate yourself, get your health back for goodness sakes. Let’s take this to the next level.
Live long and prosper