Best Chewy GF Cookies
Happy National Homemade Cookie Day!
This recipes cokes from MyGlutenfreeKitchen.com "The Best Chewy Glutenfree Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe". For this recipe, we used Gluten Free All Purpose Gluten Free Flour from Bob's Red Mill. The reviews for this recipe seems too goo to be true, so we made a batch yesterday, stored it in the fridge and just baked a dozen this morning. We had a veteran cookie eater as our taste tester!
- 2 1/4 cups (~282 grams) good allpurpose glutenfree flour blend
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if gf flour blend has xanthan or guar gum already)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temp 3/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks (room temp)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together glutenfree flour, xanthan (unless flour blend already has xanthan or guar gum), baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, place the cream cheese, then pour melted butter over it. Add brown sugar and sugar and mix on medium sp
- eed for 2 minutes. (I use the paddle attachment on my mixer.)
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolks (one at a time) mixing on lowmedium speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture that you set aside earlier, beating on low until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix on low or by hand, just until mixed thoroughly.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours and up to 4 days.
- When you are ready too bake, remove from refrigerator and let sit for about 15 minutes to soften enough for easier scooping.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line cookie sheets with sheets of parchment paper or silicone liners. Do not spray!
- Use a #20 cookie scoop to scoop even mounds of cookie dough spaced several inches apart. I can get 12 per cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 1112 minutes at 375°. Remove when edges are set and just browning. The centers will look underdone, but will continue cooking as they cool. To ensure you don't overbake, I suggest you bake a few test cookies so you can determine the right baking time for your oven. If you like gooey centers, cook less, if you like crunchier cookies, cook longer.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for just 23 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling .
Thumbs up! Literally. Our taste tester loved them. The cream cheese definitely helped make the cookies chewy and not dried out. They were delicious and will be a new staple treat in this house.
*Recipe by My Glutenfree Kitchen at http://myglutenfreekitchen.com/thebestchewyglutenfreechocolatechipcookies/